Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FlexRadio Systems FLEX-6300 and WSJTX_config

In reading Gary Hinson's FT8 Operating Guide he says 'there is no need to work simplex' and should configure the Radio tab in WSJT-X Split Operation to Rig or Fake It. I have the Rig set to "Ham Radio Deluxe" and when I set Split Operation to Rig WSJT-X (v2.2.2) crashes (shuts down). I can set it to Fake It but I'm not sure exactly what that does.

I guess my question is with a FlexRadio Systems FLEX-6300 should I just leave the Split Operation set to None and just set my transmit frequency to a clear area with Shift-Left Click?

Also, since WSJT-X has been working just fine with the Radio set to Ham Radio Deluxe (which is the software I'm using) is there any reason I should change this to FlexRadio 6xxx setting?

Thanks,

-TAC

Best Answer

Answers

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

TAC

I will let others comment on the "Split" or not issue. I do know that Flex says it is not necessary.

Regarding the using "HRD" as your rig for CAT WSJT-X rig control from the Flex Server, I found that configuration un-necessarily complex. Also, I wanted to not always have to run HRD Rig Control. I run HRD logbook by itself.

So...rather the use HRD Rig Control for WSJT-X CAT control, for Windows WSJT-X, I use Smart SDR CAT and configure WSJT-X rig as "Kenwood TS-2000". Very simple interface.

Alan

WA9WUD

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

I always run split operation set to none.

This is my setup

Create a TCP port in SmartSDR Cat

Configure WSJT-X Settings Radio tab

Configure Audio Tab

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Neither split or fake it are needed or useful on the flex. Fake it changes the radio transmit frequency slightly to keep the selected transmit frequency in the center of the radios transmit pass band. On the flex using digiu the transmit eq is bypassed, so the pass and has flat frequency response all across the selected bandwidth. So you are using the correct procedure with setting a transmit frequency in a clear spot and keep it there. I use a 4K bandwidth.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.