Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
SmartSDR v3.1.12 and the SmartSDR v3.1.12 Release Notes. | SmartSDR v2.6.2 and the SmartSDR v2.6.2 Release Notes.
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes. | Power Genius XL Firmware v3.4.16. | Power Genius XL Utility v2.2.10.
Node-Red / FRStack Satellite Tracking: Raspberry Pi Image Download
I have decided to publish an image of my Raspberry Pi with all of my Satellite Tracking Flows. This is an “almost” ready made Satellite Tracking system.
The system works easily with any Flex client you choose, Windows, Mac, IOS, or Maestro. Multiplex capable, use two clients! (via a second Raspberry Pi). My personal favorite is the Maestro.
I can help with your specific configuration and showing you the features. There are too many interlocks, and dashboard display features to list them all. I built as much functionality into each button and tile to maximize the benefit and minimize the dashboard real estate used.
SatPC32 provides doppler correction and drives all other functions, including:
- antenna selection
- Loads the satellite’s Global configuration (I can provide a set of Flex Global Profiles built for each active Amateur Satellite).
- Provides AZ and EL packet stream for rotor positioning via Node-Red. Many rotors supported via PST rotor app, or directly to Green Heron RT21 controller.
Here is a link to a video I made with Satellite RS-44.
Here is a link to download the Raspberry Pi Image File. Download, burn to a SD Card, install in your Raspberry Pi and run.
The system is Flex Multiplex capable and is made possible by running FRStack REST commands from MKCM Software.
If you do not want a Satellite tracking system, but want an up to date FR Stack capable Raspberry pi, just remove the Satellite Flows and install your own.
- Login Name - pi
- Password - raspberry
- 32 bit Debian OS, v 10, Raspberry Pi Desktop
- Supports USB boot
- Burn backup, bootable image, to any USB storage device (SSD Drive or Thumb Drive) from the Raspberry Pi Desktop
- FR Stack v 3.1.15
- Mosquito MQTT broker
- VNC viewer
- SSH accessible
- MKCM Flex 6000 Flows (must be enabled to use)
Stellite Tracking Software:
- SatPC32. Requires installation of a simple DDE Server on the same Windows PC running SatPC32. Links to the DDE server app download are on the “SatPC32 Listener” flow. Fully integrates SatPC32 into Node-Red.
- Green Heron RT21 - Based on the original flow from Andreas, N6U. Directly connect and command a Green Heron RT21 AZ / EL rotor controller. I found using a Serial to TCP convertor worked best for getting the RT21 data packets to the Raspberry Pi running Node-Red.
- PST Rotor Application - Based on the original from Dave, NO2X. Node-Red communicates with PST rotor via TCP. You must configure the TCP UDP nodes and PST Rotor UDP control per the PST rotor manual. PST Rotor will then interface with a large number of rotor controllers to move your AZ and EL antennas.
- Pre-Amp / Antenna Sequencer for 2M and 70 CM
- 2M pre-amp
- 70CM pre-amp
- 2M antenna select (vertical or yagi)
- 1296 MHZ switching with 70CM included.
- Set up for MQQT so you can use a second pi to remote locate the relays, or not.
- Relay board flow included on this image, and will function independently, if copied to another Pi and configured to the same MQTT IP.
* W2 Wattmeter
Leave a Comment
- 69 Community Topics
- 1.9K New Ideas
- 118 The Flea Market
- 5.4K Software
- 4.9K SmartSDR for Windows
- 35 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 84 SmartSDR for Mac
- 143 SmartSDR for iOS
- 149 SmartSDR CAT
- 66 DAX
- 278 SmartSDR API
- 7.1K Radios and Accessories
- 5.8K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 553 Maestro
- 14 FlexControl
- 722 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 149 Power Genius Products
- 117 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 10 Power Genius Utility
- 22 Tuner Genius
- 41 Shack Infrastructure
- 22 Networking
- 88 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 50 Contesting
- 127 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 61 Amateur Radio Interests
- 404 Third-Party Software