Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Multiple login structure

I mainly use my Flex6600 remotely and allow a fellow ham to access my radio. It would be nice not to have to give him my 'master' login details and have a lower level access where I retain control over items such as power levels, frequencies etc. In addition the higher level login would have priority over active slices etc. Is this possible?
3 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Bill AB7AA
    Bill AB7AA Member ✭✭✭

Hi Chris,

I've wondered about the exact same thing. It would be nice to allow others in the club access without giving away the master keys.

Bill AB7AA

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

This would be great, especially for club operation.

• It looks like only two persons can access the Flex, why would the limit not be the number of available slices?
  • Bill AB7AA
    Bill AB7AA Member ✭✭✭

I think that it would then be more of a contest of who has the one transmitter. Think of the 6700 with 8 slices and 8 different people in the club all with different ham interests. It would be okay if they were all on the same net because only one could speak at a time anyway. But for general operating it would be a mess.

Bill AB7AA

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

I think this is actually restricted in SmartSDR V3, The other connections have not been enabled yet.

Seems like this was in the release notes of one or more of the V3 versions

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.