Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Controlling 6600M from local PC

Hello to all, I have just purchased a 6600M from Flex Radio and have managed to get it operating with the basics in a stand alone radio mode and in SO2R with my PC, But I would like to use my PC as my active client (as though it was a straight 6600) but I do not understand how this is done without SmartLink.

I would appreciate any help with this, I have scoured the community topics but no cigar.
Thank you
Paul
KR5OG

Comments

• KR5OG Paul K
    KR5OG Paul K Member ✭✭
    After some reading, fiddling and testing I found that the best way for this is MultiFlex from the PC and not pressing the operate button on the radio touch panel. and the simplest way to start it all up this way is to start the SmartSDR software on the PC then start the radio. The SmartSDR doe Windows will see the radio booting up and run MultiFlex with the Radio control panel in a hold mode waiting for action from the operator if you chose to run both.

Paul K
    KR5OG
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Well done. I think this the methodology most of us use with the flex much of the operation is kind of subtle, may not be real obvious at first.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.