Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400 stopped keying amplifier

N4FP
N4FP Member ✭✭

Flex 6400, running 2.6.2 or 3.1.12, stopped keying ampfifier. If I short the tx cable that connects to the Flex, it does turn on the amplifier tx light and responds to rf input from the Flex.. Tried my Flex 6300, also no keying. Same result with either Expert 1.3K-FA or Ameritron AL-80B, so that seems to rule out the amp as the problem.

I had been operating in the 160 CW contest using Expert amp and N1MM+ with no problems. Took a 2 hour break with the amp in standby. When I returned N1MM+ was not working. Found that the CAT had lost all but 2 of the defined com ports. Created new com ports and got N1MM+ working again. No idea what caused the CAT problem. As part of the troubleshooting I did reset the 6400 to factory defaults. Also, the 6300 had been reset due to an intermittent problem.

So, is there some configuration setting in SDR that controls when the TX port on the Flex works?

Comments

• N4FP
    N4FP Member ✭✭

Solved. When my computer "burped" it resorted to default profile. Dor some reason this does not work. Switched to SO2RDefault and it works.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.