Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Contest Prep - voice key needs dax... need to turn it back off for headset

Options

Hi all,

Prepping for the contest this weekend. I use N3FJP's software which includes a voice keyer. I have everything set up and tested. The only issue I'm having is that to use the recorded files pushed through the DAX you, of course, need the DAX Xmit button enabled. However, to switch back to the headset you have to disable DAX. I keep forgetting to push/un push the dax button. Is there a workaround for this? I didn't see anything anything in the manual.

Thoughts? Thanks - N0EG / Josh

Tagged:

Comments

• DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Josh, same experience here, maybe someone has an idea.

Volker

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was Plagued with this problem for a couple years that DROVE ME NUT's can't even guess how many times this has made me miss a NET role call.

I finally gave up on the Ethernet link for Audio and PTT between the house where my operating station is and the SHOP (about 100 feet apart) where the 6700 is for Keying and Voice audio because of this issue and Latency with voice and PTT/CW keying, I decided to try my luck at running a very good quality shielded CAT6 cable and I found some Audio over CAT6 adapters on Amazon that have 4 XLR connectors and are Balanced connections which is much better way to keep RF noise out.

The XLR connectors plugged right in the MIC Jack on the Radio and on the other end in the SHACK direct to the MIC and built some adapters for Speaker audio, PTT, and CW.

This SO FAR about a week has worked FANTASTIC, NO RF on the audio even running full legal power and no other anomalies YET.

Now it doesn't matter if the DAX button is ON or OFF and the outrageous latency on Audio and PTT / CW is non existent.

This is how I cured my trying to run the Radio remote in two different locations or using PC Audio for RX.

Right now at least with the current SmartSDR versions there is NO way that I found to use the Computer PC TX/RX Audio with out these issues. Had to add another set of Speakers to the Computer but the benefits are well worth it

The CAT6 cable I used has a different number of twists for each pair of wires and a separator that keeps the 4 pair of wires separated from one another. The XLR adapters will work up to 330' apart.

Wish I had a better solution for you But That's the way the cookie crumbles

Lots of work to run the cables but thanks to the help of my Wife and my great friend KJ7S we got it done, also ran 4 fiber's between the 2 locations so should be in good shape for future.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.