Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT 2.1.2 and Slicemaster 0.10.7c unable to transmit using FT8

N3WWL
N3WWL Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
As the title states... Can receive fine, but unable to see any RF output on transmit.  The Flex 6300 is keying and I see the "TEST CAT and TEST TRANSMIT" functions in WSJT show green for CAT TEST and red for TEST TRANSMIT.   I have tried without using Slicemaster and with it.  Searched the community database and tried numerous previously posted suggestions to no avail. I am obviously missing something. I think I'm close, but not close enough :)

Comments

• Warren Gaspar
    Warren Gaspar Member
    edited December 2019
    Have you checked the high and low cut settings in Smart SDR?
  • N3WWL
    N3WWL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Yes "0" and "4k"
  • Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I had that loaded up several issues.  I really liked the interpreted multi-level of Need-Worked indicators, way beyond stock WSJT-X.  Thats where it ends.  The program saves Worked stations in SLICE-A and SLICE-B files NOT the main WSJT file any longer.  You have to copy and input an ADIF of your log to get the Worked before stations back in.  Good luck getting the worked stations reconstituted back into your main WSJT file if you decide SLICE MANGLER isn't for you.  I LASTED 12-17 and that was it for good.

The operational issues.  Start SSDR   about 99% of the time SSDR started receiving on a band I suspect the last one used, however with NO FLAG to be able to tell..  When I opened a new one everything came up OK, but when it came time to tranmit on that rare one...  NO TRANSMIT.  I had to close everything and bring them all back up again.  Thats a lot to do when chasing a rare hunk of DX.  It happened to me about a half dozen times changing bands and other stuff.  I never really got to transmitting on a second slice.  AS I have a manual tuner right now.

BASICALLY I couldn't trust the transmitter to BE THERE when I went to transmit, Until I closed everything and restarted it all in the correct order. For a second and a third, and a forth, etc...

WHEN SSDR FINALLY implements features like this into the software so you can see the features I like I will use THOSE features.  In the meantime most of these extra programs while sounding good, just increase THE frustration factor in ALL FLEX ISSUES no matter what they appear to be to near the breaking point. 

What I'm saying is there's WAY too many changes in saved data between STOCK and When Using Slice master.  And the problem you're seeing was just the beginning of repeated issues with the transmitter.  OH yeah I unloaded and reloaded the stuff, AND WSJT-X.  Just couldn't count on it to be there.  PLUS it changed every Network Server Port number and took over HRD which I do use...  HOWEVER I do not utilize RIG CONTROL.  I do like DDUtil and use that for my HRD network server and like its access to the SSDR API like PA temp and voltage but still feel those features could be directly implemented into SSDR.  ESPECIALLY inf you're using a PGXL.  GOOD LUCK I don't have answers for you only a ME TOO FRUSTRATION with it.  I have zero idea if it is a WIN 10 issue or not.  Just too many troubles to see two colors of blue.

Erika DD

• Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    How about the output slider in the bottom right corner of WSJT-X. On my 4K monitor it is nearly invisible and easy to miss.
  • Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Suspect the issue is between SSDR and Slicemaster.  If you read my response to things, When restarting SSDR the Slice flag was missing, suspect the previous condition was the slice was connected to Slice master..  SSDR needs to be started BEFORE SM....  and that sort of sets up an issue.  However once a slice is started and then all the remaining software is restarted transmit works.  UNTIL a band change, then the process starts all over again.
  • Dave Garber
    Dave Garber Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    never tried it via slice master, but at least make sure dax is on, and that you are in digi-u, not usb

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Erika,

That sure is a boatload of frustration.  At this point I'm going to guess you're not all that interested in Slice Master.  But since I see problems like yours as an opportunity to improve Slice Master, I have to make the offer... send an email to the support address you see when Slice Master start up and I'll do my best to figure out why it doesnt work for you.

--Don

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Jay (N3WLL),

The suggestion to check you high and low cut filters was a good one.  Something must be going wrong before that.  

Hit the Tune button in WSJT-X and then a look at your DAX Control Panel.  Are you seeing a signal under TX Stream in the TX channel?  How about in SSDR's audio Level meter?  Is there anything showing there?

--Don

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Dave,

Slice Master automatically enables DAX when needed.  While DIGU is certaintly the preferred mode for WSJT-X, USB will still work fairly well.

--Don

• Chuck - W9WLX
    Chuck - W9WLX Member
    edited December 2019
    Did you check for TX inhibit enabled?  On the slice flag, the TX should be red.  If not,  click on it.
  • Dave Garber
    Dave Garber Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    i just tried it using slicemaster, and it started right away ( by mode), and even received and transmitted right away....when asked to 

• N3WWL
    N3WWL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Ended up completely deleting SmartSDR, including DAX, Flex VSP, Slicemaster,  and WSJT as well.  After a complete reinstall, everything is now functioning properly, although I still don't know what the original problem was.  Thank you for all the support.

73 de Jay, N3WWL
  • Keith WA0BEU
    Keith WA0BEU Member ✭✭

Great discussions and comments!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.