Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What does this mean?- Radiosport RS55SL "This headset is not suited for HF radios"

I have a 6600 and PGXL in a room with all other electronics such as Internet modem Wi Fi router and various "hub" for cameras, alarm, smart switches etc. and use a Heil Proset (HC6 element I think) and a separate PTT into a Maestro in another room of the house. I am exploring the use of SDR on my PC (Dell Optiplex 7070) to free up some space on my desk. (for more paperwork)

I am looking for a good headset to that will plug into the headset jack of the PC.

Is it as simple as using an adapter to change the 2 plugs on my Heil into a single plug for the PC and just use the mouse to tap the MOX button in SDR? I have read some comments here that the typical consumer electronic headsets have poor microphone quality.

What recommendation would you have to further my plan to migrate to the PC?

Jeff AA0ST

Best Answer

Answers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.