Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR and KE9NS

Options

I know that this post may get flamed for this post, but in my opinion it is worth discussing.

As I have used both PowerSDR and now SmartSDR, has Flex Radio considered working with or asking KE9NS to assist with the software development of SmartSDR?

KE9NS has really advanced PowerSDR with so many features and in "MY OPINION" a better UI and Feature set than SmartSDR, has Flexradio considered working with KE9NS?

I do not know the software architecture of both applications, but I am wondering if KE9NS could build "plug-ins" or standalone programs to enhance SmartSDR.

Is there an area on this community to suggest Feature sets to add to SmartSDR that can analyzed and put into the Product backlog by the SmartSDR Product Manager at FlexRadio?

Considering that FlexRadio has gone to a SAAS model for the software, it would be nice to see some more features added to the product.

Comments

• Ken - VE5KC
    Ken - VE5KC Member ✭✭
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with expressing opinions and ideas.

I also prefer the interface of Darrin, KE9NS's version of PowerSDR. I find it more user friendly, and better for my old eyes. A choice of GUIs would be great!

You can make suggestions but don't hold your breath! There are lots of things that need attending to.. New ideas and changed happen, while we are still waiting for things that have needed fixed for some time.

Hang in there, our radios will never be perfect but they can still be better!

73.. Ken - VE5KC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.