Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Need MicroHAM Microkeyer II Help

Options

I bought a used Microkeyer II with a custom cable made by MicroHAM especially for the Flex 6000 series. I have the CW and WInkey functions working fine. I can't seem to get the mic audio to work. It's like the mic isn't connected at all, but I do have it connected through the MK2. There is no audio to activate VOX. If I key the footswitch, my PTT light on the MK2 lights up but it doesn't key the radio. I have all the Eltima ports created and assigned in the MK2. I've been through the manual a dozen times but can't seem to find out where I've went astray.

Thanks for any help that you may provide.

Steve, W6SDM

Comments

• Rick- K2RB
    Rick- K2RB Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Steve:

The microkeyer doesn't activate in their software unless the program see's a frequency. That is the issue. I tried it and could never get it to work. Seems microham doesn't want to deal with the issue for flex uses. Rick, k2RB

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks, Rick. That's strange. It works great on CW, keys the rig, manages to send prerecorded messages. I will keep on tinkering with it and see if anyone else has any additional insight.

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Update: It's working. Thanks to help from MicroHAM support, specifically Joe, W4TV, who undoubtedly has the patience of Job, I found out that I had the mic plugged into the wrong cable. MicroHAM support offers what Flex users have grown used to over the years - excellent customer service.

Steve, W6SDM

• Rick- K2RB
    Rick- K2RB Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Steve

I tried everything, but not for awhile. Maybe there was a change in their software. What was the solution and what cable from the microkeyer are you using. Rick

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am using the DB37-FX-6000 cable from MicroHAM. What I didn't realize, because it's buried in a rat's nest behind my equipment rack, was that there was a Foster connector that the rig's mic connector should be connected to. I had it connected to the RJ45/Foster adapter that came with the cable but is intended for the mic.

I consider myself pretty computer/hardware/configuration literate but this thing was a real challenge to hook up. The software, so far, isn't that bad.

Steve, W6SDM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.