Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

The joy of ham radio with Flex

I've now owned my own 6400M for three days. It's used. I spent 80 days in the hospital this year. Didn't know if I'd survive. But here I am! My last rig was an ICOM IC-7600. I really liked that rig. Then a dear friend let me use his 6400. After a couple days I was hooked. I found myself enjoying the hobby more than I had in years. The challenge of learning the complexities of this SDR environment is so much fun.

The people who frequent this forum are allowing me to expand my horizons. They teaching me so much. It's very hard to put into words. I just want to thank you all.

Ed KA9EES

Fithian IL

Comments

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

Welcome to the family, Ed! I've owned a 6500 for a few years now and REALLY love the advantages of a 'full' SDR. I had a ball working 20, 40, 80 and 160 during the CA QSO Party this weekend. It was an absolute blast being able to see where everyone was and be able to dig in between the crowded bands and work my way through the pileups.

The Flex 6xxx series is absolutely unbelievable -- especially running barefoot with only a vertical antenna. I had a great time!

Thanks to the Flex group for a superb radio and radio experience.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@VE7ATJ_Don

What blows me away is FlexRadio is so involved with this forum. I've been involved with other radio forums and never heard a peep out of the manufacturer.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.