Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Keeping RX EQ set to ON

Options

FLEX 6400 on v3.1.12. What am I overlooking here.....

Each time I switch bands the RX EQ turns "OFF". If I turn it back "ON" and move to another band; then return back to the band it is turned "OFF" again. FWIW, I am in CW mode.

Thanks.

Pat / W5WTH

Tagged:

Comments

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Good afternoon Pat. With the information provided I'm not sure how you changes operating mode, etc. I use profiles which helps keep all my setting correct. I have enclosed a link to the Flex website explaining Profiles...hope is helps...

73, Ronald

• Pat_W5WTH
    Pat_W5WTH Member ✭✭
    Options

RFord:

Thx for the reply. Like so many other Flex questions one looks and looks then gives up only to ask a question and then almost instantly discovers the cause, thus rendering the question useless. :)

But in an attempt to salvage bandwidth; I will explain what happened: I was using the Frequency Memories on the FRStack program to change frequencies (and bands). FRStack is wonderful and recalls many setting on the Flex when you store a memory location. However, FRStack does not hold the RX EQ "ON". For me, accessing a FRStack memory always turns the RX EQ "OFF"

So.... as much as I love FRStack it is a limitation of that program and not SmartSDR. Accessing a freq via the SmartSDR memories does hold the RX EQ in the position selected.

73!

Pat / w5wth

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm working on a similar situation with DAX on or off in the P/CW panel. So far it seems that FRStack (which I use a lot) only saves the Flag settings, not the P/CW or EQ panel settings. I have found that a Mic profile will switch between DAX and PROC. Documentation says RX EQ is stored in the Global profile, and TX Eq is stored in MIC profiles. Don't see the RX EQ enabled in the Radio memories. More testing/experimentation!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.