Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR CAT Commands?

K1ESE
K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in SmartSDR CAT

Problem – Operators at a multi-operator remote station occasionally forget to put the amplifier into standby before hitting the tune button to tune to antenna tuners.  This risks damage to the amplifiers.  The radios are a 6300 and a 6700.

Proposed solution – I want to create a desktop application that would be used instead of clicking on the TUNE button in SmartSDR.  The application would have three buttons – Start Tune, Stop Tune, Operate.  The sequence would be when Start Tune is pressed a command to SmartSDR CAT would – set tune power to 20 watts, disable RCA TX1, and put the radio into tune mode.  Stop Tune would put the radio out of tune mode.  Operate would set tune power to zero watts and enable RCA TX1.

Question – What are the CAT commands for setting tune power, putting the radio into and out of tune mode, and enabling or disabling RCA TX1?

I am sure there are other ways to do this, but I am not interested in them.  I would just like some help with the SmartSDR CAT commands for these actions.

Thank you in advance,

John K1ESE

Answers

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Hello John,
    FRStack has had this feature for quite some time now. It works with PGXL and SPE 1.3, 1.5 and 2.0 AMPS. Does that help?
  • Is there a CAT command for tuning or putting the radio into tune mode?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.