Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR wont start on Mac using parallels

2»

Comments

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    you may have been hit with a windows update

cause this looks like a 'windows' error message.

my suggestion would be to un-install SSDR including dax & cat, reboot parallel VM, make sure windows is up todate

then reinstall SSDR., then reboot parallel vm.

i have seen similar issues running VMware-Fusion which is a windows VM
    windows updates got-cha no matter where windows is runs ;-O

Paul K3SF

• Pat Hayes
    Pat Hayes Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The strange thing Paul - this happens on a newly built OS with nothing else on it but smartsdr prior to doing any updates 

• Pat Hayes
    Pat Hayes Member ✭✭

While this forum being migrated i found the problem - believe it or not this was a HARDWARE issue! Talking about pulling my hair out, hard to do when you dont have any.

The machine died while working about a week ago, of course all the Apple stores were closed. I managed to find a local authorized repair center - they replaced the logic board due to a non boot issue. We came to the conclusion it was the video card. Got it back Friday and just decided to give it a go - no reinstall needed - works perfectly now

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭

The .NET argument is mute. SmartSDR will tell you if you need a different version. I've been running SmartSDR under Parallels for more than 5 years with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.