Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

My ipad won't connect with smart sdr but windows smartconnect does

Hi all. I bought a nice used FLEX 6300 and am using it remotely with SmartSDR for windows 10 from my house here hooked to my wifi. The windows connection is the PC here to Cat5 to Router to the net. At the remote end the Flex is connected to the router via cat 5 also. Both my home router and remote routers have wifi enabled.

Q-On my iPAD (7th Gen) I D/L the FlexRadio access app ($60). Started it up and logged in to FlexRadio Access. Touch Panadaptor and it says you are not currently connected. Tap here to connect. I do that and my smartlink 6300 comes up both the DEMO mode and the Flex 6300 with a 'blue' dot and explanation point with ip and a blue i with a circle around it.

When I touch that to connect it goes back to the 'You are not connected, Tap here to connect loop' What am I missing? I can't get to the FLEX although it's listed with the exclamation point.

This HAS to be a setting on the ipad or something. I have not registered the IOS except when I bought it thru itunes. I don't see any instructions. Also does FLEX support this IOS app? Can I submit a ticket for this?

Thanks in advance for any help all.
73 de WB4KPS

Answers

• David_NK5G
    David_NK5G Member ✭✭

Yea, something is not right. I am having a similar problem. It was working fine but recently, I can see it on Smartlink but can not connect. On the local network I can not see the radio at all.

• Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭

What iOS are you on? I believe the latest iOS (14) has caused an issue with connecting. There is a work around VA3MW posted on the Facebook site.

Tim VE6SH

• Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭

Here is Mike' s post on the Facebook site (which comes from Marcus):

Michael WalkerFlexRadio Enthusiasts

1h 

· 

SMARTSDR IS COMPATIBLE TO IOS 14

However, due to a bug in iOS 14 it might happen that you can’t use SmartSDR to connect to your local Radio.

But there is a simple solutions. Just change the App to use a fixed IP Address of your Radio. For this, just go to Settings -> Show Extended Settings and select “Fixed” for “LAN mode”. Then, enter the IP Address of your Radio in the field below named “Network”. (No change on your Radio is required for this)

Now, you should be able to connect to your Radio again.

Once you do that, you may get asked by iOS for permission to access your local network by the App. Once you confirm this and gave the App permission, you can even turn back off the fixed IP LAN mode and change it back to “Discover” which is the recommended setting.

You will now also find a new Setting in the iOS Settings under Privacy -> Local Network.

Here, you should see an entry for SmartSDR which should be enabled. If you don’t see this entry, continue to use the fixed IP until you get the permission question from iOS.

On this screen, you can also re-enable Local Network access if you accidentally dismissed the permission question.

I expect this but to be fixed in the next iOS version but in the meantime, the aforementioned procedure will solve this problem.

73, Marcus

• Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭
    I am using V14 and when I enter the radio IP and try to connect it FINDS the radio and tries to connect. It says connecting but in a few seconds it says 'search error'. I'm using the rig remotely...and when I'm at the remote site it connects fine and works on the LAN. But not so going thru over the web outside of the local LAN. Other ideas??

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.