Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW Sidetone?

Hi - I have a new to me 6500 that I can't seem to figure out how to get cw sidetone from SmartSDR. I have connected my key (Iambic) to the front key jack and I have my audio set to "PC Audio". I have the sidetone turned on in the software and I am able to transmit CW fine but without a sidetone. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Best Answers

Answers

• Lou KI5FTY
    Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭

Yes I was expecting it to come from the PC. I was hoping to have the the 6500 in a rack closer to my cable ingress. I guess I need to explore how to hookup a keyer to my PC and let the keyer generate the sidetone? That is going to make me carry a keyer and cables when I am remote...

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

@Lou Scalpati This post was created as a discussion, but is actually a question where you desire an answer.  This topic should have been a Q&A topic, not a discussion.  For more information on how to create an Q&A, please see the Message Board post, Using New Q&A (Question & Answer) Feature

I have gone ahead and converted this discussion to a Q&A for you.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@Tim - W4TME

This forum is the weirdest I've ever seen. ;-) Must be a full time job for you.

73, Ed KA9EES

• Lou KI5FTY
    Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020

@Tim - W4TME Sorry I did not know there were so many rules here... I asked a question, discussion ensued and I thought I was a happy community participant. I was not looking for a cut and dry answer but a back and forth, is that allowed in the QA section or is there an extended QA section for that? ;-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.