Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Does the PGXL have R.F. sensing keying

I have a PGXL and I can't determine after reading the user guide if it does have it.

Answers

• Julie KC0TMD
    Julie KC0TMD Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020

If my understaneding is correct with the PGXL, this depends on the radio you are working with. If you working with other radios such as Kenwood, Icom or Yaesu, you will need to add the correct band data cables for your band radio. If you look at the back of the Amp, there are different connection ports for different radios. This is what is needed to run the band data. Please contact your local Ham Radio store center for finding the right cables and read up on your user guide on how to connect your radio to other radios.

On the other hand when you plug in a replay cable to your Flex or a Ethernet cable in to the your router as in the case of a Flex Radio this will activate the R.F. sensing key and the PGXL will follow you as you change bands. If you happen to have a flex radio, the best and most simple way is to plug a Ethernet cable from the back of the amp in to the router.

• Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭

I understand all of what your wrote .............. Have had mine hooked up for months ........... my question is/was does it r.f. sense

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

Yes. The new Power Genius XL User Guide covers this.

• Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭

Ok Tim thanks for this reply. The reason I am asking I was/am having an issue with my p.t.t not keying sometimes. I have been working with Dan after submitting an help ticket but failed to ask him this question. While he was doing an Team Viewer with me my amp was not acting up. Anyway I have noted when it is acting up a 2nd keying with my p.t.t will key my pgxl. I wanted to clear this up in my mind I think when this is happening the r. F. Sense is doing the keying. This problem only happens when I re-hook up my station after unplugged because of summer thunderstorms. It will act up for an undefined time then be ok for weeks or until I again have to unhook a.c.mains and antennas. Sorry for the lengthy reply but I am trying to run this down and make sense.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.