Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

If you are a programmer...this is for you

Options
Luca Ncj
Luca Ncj Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in SmartSDR API
Hi Folk
I am looking for someone with some progamming skills to implement the actual smartsdr with a simple 3rd parties software integration.
I know "simple" means nothing but I am looking for something to control antenna input by PTT in "multiflex".

TNX

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Luca

Some or all of what you are looking to do may be available with Node Red or FRStack running on a Raspberry Pi. Can you list what you want? Give examples also.

When using MultiFlex how do you want to control the antenna selection? You might be able to use one of the 4O3A antenna switches which can be programmed to automatically select the proper antenna per band.

Dave wo2x

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Luca, are you trying to implement remote antenna selection? I did that by using a cheap ($20 or so) WiFi 4 channel Smart Controller (model SANT-4CH). I also bought an antenna switching board from e-bay and soldered on relays and SO-239 connectors. With this I have the capability to switch to any of four antennas. In my case, I kept one switch position to allow me to remotely power on/off my Flex 6400. That leaves me three positions for my three antennas. I can remotely control the antennas and Flex power anywhere I have cell service by using an app on my phone. Is this what you were looking for?

Len, KD0RC

• Luca Ncj
    Luca Ncj Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @KD0RC said:
    > Hi Luca, are you trying to implement remote antenna selection? I did that by using a cheap ($20 or so) WiFi 4 channel Smart Controller (model SANT-4CH). I also bought an antenna switching board from e-bay and soldered on relays and SO-239 connectors. With this I have the capability to switch to any of four antennas. In my case, I kept one switch position to allow me to remotely power on/off my Flex 6400. That leaves me three positions for my three antennas. I can remotely control the antennas and Flex power anywhere I have cell service by using an app on my phone. Is this what you were looking for?
    > 73,
    > Len, KD0RC

Hi Len,
    tnx for your reply.
    No it is not my goal.
    TNX anyway
  • Luca Ncj
    Luca Ncj Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"David Decoons, wo2x" said:
    > Hi Luca
    > Some or all of what you are looking to do may be available with Node Red or FRStack running on a Raspberry Pi. Can you list what you want? Give examples also.
    > When using MultiFlex how do you want to control the antenna selection? You might be able to use one of the 4O3A antenna switches which can be programmed to automatically select the proper antenna per band.
    > Dave wo2x

Hi Dave
    TNX for your message.
    This is contesting ralated.
    Imagine a station with 2 operators on parallel on same band with PTT priority controlled by multiflex.
    The idea is to have a software integrated in smartsdr that can swap RX ANT1 to RX ANT2 or RXA or RXB when 2nd operator press PTT.
    If you can give your email I can send you more datails.
    TNX
    Luca
  • marco rinaldi
    Options

ciao Luca I saw something similar with a sw called RXassistant, but with differnt logic,

probably it might be a good start to work on.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Luca and Dave, Wo2X

I run two Flex clients at my QTH, with two instances of FR Stack , each running on its own Raspberry Pi; each Pi, bound to one of the two clients.

It would be easy to do as Marco asks by using the PTT variable from one client, then MQTT the PTT state to the other Raspberry Pi / Node-Red, then use that to tell FR Stack to send the desired RX antenna selection command to the other Flex Client.

Marco, you could learn how others are using Raspberry Pis, Node-Red and FRStack by looking over our forum:

Alan

• Luca Ncj
    Luca Ncj Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"marco rinaldi" said:
    > ciao Luca I saw something similar with a sw called RXassistant, but with differnt logic,
    > probably it might be a good start to work on.

Hi Marco,
    RX assistant does part of what is in my idea.
    Scenario is multilfex and setting 2 op's on same band sharing same TX antenna (ANT1)
    OP #1 is RX-ing with ANT1 on slice A and ANT2 (or RX-A or RX-B) on slice B, diversity activated
    OP #2 is RX-ing with ANT2 (or RX-A or RX-B) on slice C and TX-ing with ANT1 when needed
    OP #2 has PTT priority so when PTT is pressed he picks up ANT1 TX and put on silence slice A.
    At this moment OP#1 is deaf due to no any antenna available.

The software should swap temporary (as long as op#2 has PTT pressed) ANT2 (or RX-A or RX-B) from slice C to slice B. Slice B audio (previoulsy covered by Slice A audio now muted) is now into OP #1 ears that can still copy signals on his own QRG managing the pile-up without breaks.

Because I see RXassistant can do something like this I can guess all this can also be done without any external hardware because all necessary hardware is already available inside flex radio.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.