Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Hamation Bandpasser AS-419

mlstutler
mlstutler Member ✭✭
Is anyone using the Hamation Bandpasser AS-419 filter with their Flex Radios?  The documentation is a somewhat confusing.  I am reading that you have to raise 12vdc to the pin on the remote input to switch bands.   I don't see how this can work if the FTDI USB to parallel interface only supply's 3.3vdc. 

thanks.

Answers

• mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I found a level shifter that can be used if the AS-419 requires a 12vdc input. 

https://www.tindie.com/products/ddebeer/12-channel-level-shifter-and-buffer/#product-description
  • mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Update - We purchased the Bandpasser and realized that BCD can also be used to control the unit.  Took about 5 minutes to configure and it works with no issues.  
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hi Mike, can you use BCD right into the bandpasser from the USB cable ?
  • mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Yes that is what we do.  Here are screen shots of the config.

Hope this helps. 
  • David Sturm
    David Sturm Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Please supply the wiring color code to the mouser cam shell FTDI USB unit. I can't get the correct wiring code to make the AS-419 to work.
    Thx
  • mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Mapping for AS-419 BCD DB-15 port 

Grey  = A
    Purple = B
    White = C
    Blue = D
    Black = Ground 
  • David Sturm
    David Sturm Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Mike, your the man, Thx..
    When you have the letters, I have numbers on my FTDI USB unit cam shell that I **** the colored wires into. Would A=1 , B=2?
    Plus its a DB-9 for the AS-419
    Thx
  • Andy Allen
    Andy Allen Member
    David - Did you get answer to the pin mapping? I'm looking for the same thing. Andy NA4DA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.