Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

tx1 tx2 and tx3 stopped working on 3 week old 6600

Joe Bales
Joe Bales Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Have a 3 week old Flex 6600 that as of this morning none of the TX relay ports are working.  I know the cables are good as I have tried multiple ones and I know the amp is good as my FTDX5000 is keying the amp as expected.  Same cable that works from the FTDX5000 does not work on either of the TX ports on the 6600.  I have been using Flex Signature Series rigs for 4 years so am very familiar with the radio hardware and the software.  All had been fine for 3 weeks - used the 6600 on Friday night on the WAE RTTY contest and amp keying as expected.  But no longer as of this morning.  I have done a factory reset of the radio,  which did not correct the  issue.  I know that all ports are enabled in the TX setting of the Radio Setup Section.    Any thoughts on this from anyone?  I assume a trouble ticket needs to be created and maybe the rig needs to be looked at.  Thanks for any input, maybe I am missing something - hope that is the case.

Comments

• Mark NS9N
    Mark NS9N Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Not sure if your issue is the same as I had but when this happened to me, it was caused by one of my other programs I use to control my station. Don't know why it changed but if I remember correctly one of the digital programs had port controls in it that I never set to off. Worth a look.
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Try to load a lower version of SmartSDR Then reset radio and Reload Higher Version Of SmartSDR and try again Make sure Tx1 Tx2 Tx3 are not been inhibited Or Disabled in the Radio Menu 73 Mike
  • Joe Bales
    Joe Bales Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hi Mark - I did a total shutdown of the computer and restarted and same issue.  Also shutdown computer and used iPhone to connect to the rig and still nothing from the TX1-2-3 ports to key my amp.
  • Joe Bales
    Joe Bales Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Mike.  Just did this and still the TX1 -2 - 3 ports will not key the amp.

I have sent in a trouble ticket.

• mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Check your RCA Phono Cable also 73 Mike
  • Larry W6UB
    Larry W6UB Member ✭✭
    I discovered on 08/20/2020 that the same TX-1-2-3 problem exists on my 6600 using SSDR 2.6.2. I also lost all Memory settings, which were successfully reentered, however the TX problem remains. What initiated the problem? Perhaps tuning a 146 mHz antenna near the 6600 was the culprit. My amp keys with my Icom and the RCA keying cable checks ok. The Interlocks - TX REQ are set Active Low. The Disabled option does not exist as shown in the users guide. Comments/suggestions please.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Larry, you may want to try a FULL factory Reboot, you will loose your Profiles and memory's but some times the profiles are what has the bad corrupt data that will just break the radio again so try the Amp keying BEFORE you reload ANY profiles or memories if you have any backups made.

• Larry W6UB
    Larry W6UB Member ✭✭
    Restoring Factory Defaults did not correct the problem with TX-1. Thanks for your suggestion Bret.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

time to do a support Ticket unfortunately

• Larry W6UB
    Larry W6UB Member ✭✭
    Reviewing a similar post concerning TX-1, Tim pointed to the TX Band Settings which comes with v2.6.2, and look for column RCA TX1 for each band, and if unchecked the amp will not key. Now that I inserted a check the amp now keys, problem solved.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Okay sorry, I thought you said that this stopped working after a while otherwise I would have mentioned it

Glad it worked for you

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.