Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400m startup

Options
jay con
jay con Member ✭✭
blank start ups boot to blank waterfall this happens way to much
power supply always left on its getting old pulling plug and waiting
resetting is also getting old any way to get around this besides leaving radio on 24/7

Answers

• Ron WD5FUN
    Ron WD5FUN Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I agree that this is a pain and should be fixed.  I sometimes don't have time to do this so I turn on the Icom 7300 and use it.
  • jay con
    jay con Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    yea i agree 6400m goes to back up radio cant deal with the no starts go too show off your radio and dont boot not a good look
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Don't have that issue here with mine.
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hasn't happened to me even once in 2.25 years of daily use. Suggest starting a service ticket.  
  • AA5SH
    AA5SH Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I have had mine for several weeks and I have had to pull the power cord 3-4 times if not more because it doesn't power up properly.  I finally started leaving it on more. 
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    For those of you having this problem, have you started a help ticket? One reason to to do that is it helps Flex log the problem and put numbers to it.
  • jay con
    jay con Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    yes ticket in...... still no good..does this here and there but im thinking card got corrupted anyway
    that's about it for today back on the 7300

• jay con
    jay con Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    network issue up now fingers crossed
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Does the problem still show if you disconnect the Lan from the radio. I understand that you would need to leave the lan cable off for a while as you run this test.
  • jay con
    jay con Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    no issue when disconnected from lan... replaced cable and it seems to be running normal
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Then I suspect the problem is a network problem. I'm not really good with networks but there are a few here that are really good, Like Tim, and Mike. Tell them in you help ticket this info,,it will help them.
  • jean claude
    jean claude Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options

My 6400 M is doing wrong starts often.

6400M Bought new 1years 6 month ago in EU.

Power supply changed, waited for 30 seconds prior to switch off the power supply after the 6400M: no results.

Tickets have been done and no improvement.

The issue could be due to Lan according tickets replies.

I have changed cord and even bypassed the Lan switch, no improvement.

It is totally hazardous, impossible to find the root of the problem.

Since the time I bought my 6400M I had this issue and yes I go now more often on my Icom 7600 because am worried about my flex and want to see the bands conditions and not to start trying making my 6400 M working.

Really sorry of such issue.

I had a flex 6300 which worked very fine, I never had such problem for 3 years.

My 6400 went two times for repair in Flex Germany but issue comes again .

🙂 jean claude

• jean claude
    jean claude Member ✭✭
    Options

• jean claude
    jean claude Member ✭✭
    Options

If the issue would be the Lan, why not to have a simple start without all the questions the flex ask if not internet connected ?

I do not need all these features , what I need is to turn it on easily look at the bands and make a qso.

If a way to simplify the start without to be internet linked existe, please tell me it.

73 to all of you

jean claude f6eju

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You have tried to completely disconnect the Lan? And just what is the radio doing when the startup is not right?

• jean claude
    jean claude Member ✭✭
    Options

Bill, When the radio went wrong it never end to indicates " loading".

It could happens two or more times then no problem for two weeks.

Secondly, to reply to your question, if the Lan is not connected the radio, the flex starts but ask me questions that I can take in picture if needed.

Is there a way to start without to be connected to the Lan " internet" in a easy way, directly, I push on the knob and my flex run, like all my others transceivers. :)

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You have tried to completely disconnect the Lan? And just what is the radio doing when the startup is not right?

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am not sure why the help desk has not been able to help you with this. But it sounds like the radio is wanting to down grade or up grade. I don't have a M model radio, but if your not using lan then after you answer the questions it knows what you want to do and start correctly. You must be connected to the lan in order to up grade, this is likely your problem, the lan needs to be working well to finish the Version change.

• Thomas NE7X
    Thomas NE7X Member ✭✭
    Options

Its been almost ten months now and my FLEX6400M bootup issue still has not been resolved. I have two tickets open with Flex support, (#37029) with Tim W4TME and (#33817) with Dan N7HQ to resolve this issue. Both Tim and Dan have repeated the issue in their labs, however I am still waiting for a solution. I made a YouTube video of the bootup issue

DESCRIPTION:

When the DC power power supply connected to the 6400M is powered off, and is left powered off until the home router hosting DHCP lease expires, then when DC power is applied back to the 6400M and the radio boots and requests an IP, you will see this error. If you leave the DC power supply connected and applying DC power to the 6400M and the 6400M is power off, then when you power on the 6400M you will not see this error. Even thou the power button on the 6400M is powered off, there is still DC power applied to the 6400M keeping the network IP active, so the DHCP lease never expires. The error messages: CAN NOT CONNECT TO THE SAME RADIO FROM THE SAME PC The problem appears to be a conflict between the router hosting DHCP and the internal DCHP hosting inside the 6400M. The "Work-Around" at this time is to unplug the 6400M from the network. I will post resolution update once issue is resolved.

Thomas NE7X...

• jean claude
    jean claude Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options

Thomas Thanks for your message.

Yes I also have this behavior some time but the flex run after five messages flashing: " CAN NOT CONNECT TO THE SAME RADIO FROM THE SAME PC "" .

However this message could not be flashing and the Flex get stuck trying to load " loading....."

Please keep me posted with a solution if available. I want to enjoy my Flex ;) regards and 73 from far French Riviera.... HI

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    Options

There are several issues that can contribute to this:

Here are a few very common ones.

1) If you turn the M-Series on too quickly after turning the power supply on, then the Front Panel does not have time to properly initialize and may fail to connect with the "Back-end" of the radio.

2) If you "quick-switch" the radio -- turning it off and on quickly, you may get the front panel and back-end of the radio out of sync. Use the above referenced procedure to reset the radio

3) If you are using a Wifi Extender or Wifi Relay between your radio and the router, these may not always relay the DHCP Requests for both the front-end and back-end of the radio in a timely manner, causing connection issues.

4) If you have more than one DHCP Server on your network, the Front Panel and the Back-end of the radio may receive IP addresses from different DHCP Servers, and the addresses they receive may be in incompatible sub-nets.

5) I highly recommend configuring your router's DHCP server to provide "Reserved IP Addresses" for BOTH the radio Front Panel and the Radio Back-end so that both will always receive the same IP Addresses when they come online.

• Thomas NE7X
    Thomas NE7X Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been through all these suggestions with both Dan and TIm over the past 10 months and they DO NOT resolve the issue.

Thomas NE7X...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.