Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flexradio USB Port Configuration

Options
Harry W0LS
Harry W0LS Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have two FlexRadio's, a 6700 and a 6500. While the 6500 is mainly a backup I want to configure it so it can work pretty much like the 6700 without moving cables etc. Right now my 6700 USB port is used to pass band data info to the amp. I would like to do the same thing with the 6500 to the same amp. How can I implement both those connections so I do not have move USB cables when I switch from one radio to the other?

Thanks and 73,
Harry
W0LS

Answers

• N2TU
    N2TU Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I use a simple IOGear GUB212. There are many others but this one works well. Two 6600's controlling one amp...or antenna switcher.

Lou N2TU
  • Harry W0LS
    Harry W0LS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Great...thanks Lou. I was aware of USB switches but they are always referred to as 2 computers sharing a device. Was not sure if the radios were functionally the same as "computers" in this situation. I think you answered my question....

Harry - W0LS
  • N2TU
    N2TU Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Harry...works fine. Kinda' a cheap, manual way to go but solid! Got mine on Amazon (of course!)

Regards

Lou N2TU

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.