Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Suggestions for new forum

Options
Michael N3LI
Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
GetSatisfaction is pretty bad forum software, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they didn't have many customers. 

Some thoughts on what would make for a good forum:

One of the biggest items would be the ability to mute trolls. In this way people who want to act in a way that trolls act can still post, but those of us who are just trying to use the forum to share knowledge can mute them.

I run a number of groups.io forums, and they have many features - sub groups, files, moderation if need be, database, wiki, and yes, the ability to mute others. They have both paid and free versions, and my people love them.

I have almost quit posting because of the trolls, and would love to participate in a better forum.
Tagged:
1 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    It's not that GS is so bad, though there are many improvements we could think of. What's unforgivable is to **** itself up with so little notice to customers. One may also wonder why Flex couldn't see the writing on the wall. Having to port a complex community so fast leaves little time to weigh the alternatives and optimize. I only hope we don't get painted into a corner. Stability and good support are probably the most we can require in a new service. Bold or risky directions, not so much. Open source and portability, double plus good. I like groups.io for my "amateur" lists, but whether it would make the grade for Flex, I don't know. Hey, "points" are nice! Maybe we could cash them in on new Flex gear?
  • Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    <Hey, "points" are nice! Maybe we could cash them in on new Flex gear?>

Ohhhhhhh! I like the way you think! 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2020
    Options
    GetSatifaction had many customers, all of which are a bit miffed as we are, that we were given 3 weeks to plan a service turn down, secure and validate the data.  And start looking for a replacement.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.