Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Setting up N3FJP software for Field Day

Options
Richard Adkins
Richard Adkins Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Third-Party Software
If anyone has set up the Field Day software by N3FJP, it is great, but; I want to save my voice and use a prerecorded message of me calling CQ Field Day as I plan on (trying) to operate the full 24 hours (from home Class 1D).  Right now, it only works by coming out of my computer speakers, into my mic, which N3FJP makes hot/live, and out to the Flex 6500. NOT an optimal solution. The Flex keys up, but the audio isn't being routed directly to the Flex. What I'd prefer is to have is the option of using my mic or my headset as the day wears on. It must be one of three things (as far as I can tell).

Something isn't right in my setup of:
  1. N3FJP Settings/Transmit/Phone Setup. Like which Keying Option do I use (I thought I'd tried them all) or which COM port, COM4 or COM104.
  2. N3FJP Settings/Rig Interface.  Lots of places to choose poorly here.  It successfully polls the rig and will cause the mic to key up.
  3. Something in the Flex's setup 6500.
Help me, Flex afficionados, you're my only hope.

Answers

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Your best bet for a voice keyer is K9DUR's VoiceKeyer.  It's shareware and it works fine with the Flex.  I have it set up on my 6300 and I am ready for Field Day.  I am steve@w6sdm.net if you need help with specific settings.

• Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Are you using the latest version? Upgrades are free. Are you using the Flex setup? I'll be using the software with an Icom (1B), CW only. But I have made .WAV files for voice keyer use with N3FJP logger in other contests. In setup, you direct the Function Key to the .WAV file.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.