Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Common Microphone and Key for Simon Browns SDR Console + Flexradio 6k

Options
Wolf
Wolf Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Third-Party Software
I want to use the Microphone + Key connected to my Flexradio to feed Simon Brown's
SDR Console ?   SmartSDR and SDR Console are running on the same PC.  Did someone try ? Does it work with DAX ? Do I need another VAC ? How to configure it ?
Thank you, Wolf

Answers

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi Wolf, I'm not sure I understood your question but I think that what you need is a audio mixer to route the audio streams from/to different sources/destination. Though, I don't think this is going to work for the Key (do you mean a morse key?).
    You can give a try to Voicemeter Banana or Potato.
  • Wolf
    Wolf Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi Max, Thank you for your answer.  What do I want to achiev ?
    (1) Lambic Paddle connected to the Flexradio - which works really well. I want to keep this functionality with all it's CW processing and at the same time I want to feed the signal into another application to key the Tx (SDR Console). The idea is to use a Virtual Audio Cable. My question: Does DAX support this or do I need to install another VAC ?   And ... how to configure it ?
    (2) Same story with the microphone and voice audio: Use the functionality of the Flexradio Audio Processing and feed the audio signal into SDR Console. My question again: Does it work in general and how to configure it ?  Maybe someone went this path before . . . ?
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi Wolf,
    Please clarify this for me: do you have a microphone and a paddle physically connected to a 6K radio?  
  • Wolf
    Wolf Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Yes.
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    OK, to the best of my knowledge the answer is no, you can't do it. Maybe you can still play around with the Mike rerouting the DAX audio, but it seems to me a very complicated scenario. Much easier to use a microphone connected to the Computer and use it for both SmartSDR and SDR Console.
    Using the keyer is even more complicated, a WInkeyer driving both the 6K and whatever SDR radio you are using with SDR Console is probably the way to go.
  • Wolf
    Wolf Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi Max,
    I meanwhile tried a Winkeyer and that works for both radios. Beside the Flexradio 6500 I just installed an ADALM Pluto SDR with the SW SDR Console. That's my rig for the QO100 satellite.
    So  - CW is solved. Next step is to find a solution to use my Heil Microphone for both radios.
    Again - Thank you !

• Oliver Saunders
    Oliver Saunders Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi Wolf,

I would like to run an ADALM Pluto on the same Windows 10 computer that I use for my 6300's software but I cannot get the driver package for the Pluto to install properly.  Only a few of the necessary drivers actually install.

Did you have to do anything unusual to get yours running?

Thanks
  • Wolf
    Wolf Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi Oliver,
    Nothing special needed !
    I followed the instruction in the AD Training Document and it's working fine
    with USB-Interface. LAN Connect requires more effort.
    My recommendation: Try to get it run first via USB and don't forget to feed 5,0 V
    separately to the second USB Input.
    Good luck + 73, Wolf

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.