Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

flex 6400 with acom 600s

Options
Steve Smith
Steve Smith Member
Hi all i am trying to get my flex 6400 to key my amp but no luck can anybody tell me how.

Regards GI4XFN

Answers

• KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    i assume you have the checkbox in the tx band settings checked for the bands you work
  • Steve Smith
    Steve Smith Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi yes ticked tx1 then connected a phono cable to tx1 then to keyin on the amp.

Regards
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Options
    If you unplug the phono cable from the Flex and short the tip to sleeve, does the amp key? Are you using DDUtil and AutoDrive by chance? Dave wo2x
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I would also recommend opening a Help Desk ticket to get that process started. Dave wo2x
  • Gene - K3GC
    Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    You need to turn off  cat/aux in the 600s - that should get you going.  This is available through the 600S menu.  The manual should be helpful here.
  • Steve Smith
    Steve Smith Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    it must have been a bad cable as i changed it now works thanks all.

gi4xfn
  • Gene - K3GC
    Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Well, I tried to help and got  myself in trouble instead.
    As I said earlier you need to have cat/aux turned off for the 600s to automatically change bands.
    The problem is that I tried to demonstrate this and in the process I managed to turn it back on and can't for the life of me can't remember how turn the cat/aux off in the 600S menu.
    HELP!!!
  • Steve Smith
    Steve Smith Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    menu cat settings interface off

regards
  • Gene - K3GC
    Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I am in the menu - cat/aux settings rx only
    the line below that is interface     off      rs232    rs232   ttl
    When I exit out the band bar and below that cat error, and cat aux control is green.

It was working perfectly this morning.  I am doing something **** but I can't figure it out

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.