Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

5BWAS on FT8......Finally !!

Options
Charlie_KB8CR
Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Third-Party Software
Well, after 2 years with my 6400, I've finally finished 5Band WAS on FT8. Actually, it is 8 Bands, but they only count 80/40/20/15 & 10 for the award. The combo of the 6400 with WSJT-X and JAlert made it a breeze....up until the lack of sun spots slowed me down on 15 and 10. The Flex is the ultimate Digi mode rig !  This is at an average of 65W to a 100' long doublet up 75' in an inverted vee, fed with ladder line to a SG-230 tuner mounted on the tree that supports it.

Thanks Flex !!  While I didn't plan on 12M....already have 20 there since I took this screenshot of LOTW.....now I guess I need a 6M antenna.....this is fun.

de Charlie KB8CR

Comments

• IK8HCG
    IK8HCG Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    What's FT8, Crozet is.? Radio and operator is ended
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Congratulations

Gayle K0FLY
  • Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Lou.....I ran almost 100% CW from the 1980's when I was licensed til recently. While admittedly, FT8 can be 'impersonal'.....digital modes still need an 'operator'.  I haven't lost my skills just yet. Give me a call sometime in the low end of 20M CW.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.