Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400 radio setup, TX.

Gene - K3GC
Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
In SSDR versions prior to ver. 3 there were three choices RCA TX 1, 2 ,and3.  Now we have the TX Band Settings table which is much more flexible with many choices.  This is all well and good but it leaves me with the  question as to the purpose of the original three original three RCA TX screens.
My Amp is per perfectly happy leaving the original three screens with zeros and the band settings screen filled out appropriately.
Is my tired old brain missing something here?

Answers

• Dan-N7HQ
    Dan-N7HQ FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager admin
    edited June 2020
    You can find an answer to your question from an article posted in a newsletter a few months ago... here is a link. 

https://www.flexradio.com/using-external-amplifiers-with-a-flex-6000-transceiver-part-1/

Dan

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Gene, the reason is that the original RCA TX screen shows the delays in milliseconds from relay closure to RF output, where the new table lets you set power and tune power by band, and select which TX outputs are enabled by band. There is no provision for setting delays on this new table. Hence, the two forms serve different purposes. The article referenced above explains the need for setting the delays depending on what amplifier you use. Even with my KPA1500 which uses PIN diode T/R switching, a small delay is necessary to avoid leading edge clipping of the carefully shaped CW output of the Flex.

73, Craig  KØCF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.