Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No TX Audio With PTT Using SmartSDR 3.1.12

Options
AE2A
AE2A Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
TX Audio can be seen in the level indicator and the MOX button works fine. Using the PTT switch causes the radio to go into TX but no audio is sent to the TX. Same setup but using VOX also feeds the correct audio, but no TX audio with the PTT switch. Any Ideas? The audio device is a USB Device set as the default recording device and the audio can be seen and adjusted with the sliders. DAX is OFF. Is this an undocumented feature (bug)? I logged out of SmartLink and connected locally, same situation.

Answers

• DG6NFG
    DG6NFG Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Do you use a stereo USB device for your Mic? If so, try the other channel. This was the issue for me when I experienced something similar. 73 Carsten
  • AE2A
    AE2A Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    The device is a FocusRite 2i2 (2nd Gen) device with the latest drivers (today). it's not running in ASIO mode so that is not an issue. It's running in 1 channel mode 48k sample rate.
    I can monitor the microphone level just fine in RX mode and using the MOX button or VOX mode everything works. When I key the TX by PTT switch, the radio does go into TX mode, but the audio is not passed to the exciter. Everything else works fine.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I believe the default input device for PTT vs MOX / VOX are different. Make sure your profile has selected the correct input device. You do not mention your radio, but there are multiple audio inputs on all the radios, and you will need to ensure the ptt is associated with the one you want. Can't offer much more advice, since I exclusively use DAX (xDax, actually) and iPad input.
  • AE2A
    AE2A Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I think I found the issue at this point. The audio device is a "PC" sound device and it is set as the "default" device. After a reboot of the PC, I re selected the device in the sound applet and now it seems to be working. The issue that Flex needs to address in the SmartSDR software is the ability to manually select an audio device to the TX input and RX output settings rather than a "default" device. Many of us have multiple audio interfaces and use them for multiple purposes. Forcing us to use only a default device severely limits the utility. The radio is a 6600 (non-M).
    Comments are solicited!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.