Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro and Dynamic Mic

Lorenzo Mendini
Lorenzo Mendini Member ✭✭
Hi, with my IC-7851 i use this microphone ( https://www.amazon.it/Microfono-AntLion-Audio-ModMic-bottone/dp/B00R98JVVU ) but for work it's necessary the 5V DC on pthe Mic pin.. how i can use it on my maestro? Many thanks

Answers

• Paul_Mills
    Paul_Mills Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    There is a software turn on for the Maestro mic bias. l believe under phone/cw tab.
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    With Dynamic (coil and magnet) mics, adding a capacitor in series with the mic line with prevent mic damage and allow it to function.
  • Paul_Mills
    Paul_Mills Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Not needed for the mic he specified.
  • Bob Needleman
    Bob Needleman Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Icom (eg. IC-7851) uses electret mikes that require 5vdc to power them. Dynamic mikes, like those made by Heil, etc, do not require any phantom power or capacitors in the mike line and will work fine in the Flex with no need for biasing ( you may need to turn on the 20dB mike preamp to get adequate gain since dynamic elements are not as “hot” as electret and condenser mike elements). Bob K3AC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.