Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is there a way to remote control the 6300 wirelessly?

F M
F M Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Is there a way to remote control the 6300 connected direct to laptop without a direct connection to a router even though I have a wireless signal from the router that is .75 miles away via repeater? 

Answers

• David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Interesting question.

• Connect a second laptop and share the internet connection if the first one.
    • Run a terminal program that supports tcp/ip connections
    • Open a channel on the ports that the Flex uses between the second location and the remote location.
    • Then start fiddling until you get the "pseudo 6300" aka the second laptop to communicates with the remote location (also running serial terminal software.)
      I own a copy of "Advanced serial port terminal" that works well for such things.

Another thing to try..... Ubiquity sells a flat panel link that will connect to WiFi and passes thru.

• F M
    F M Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Tnx for your advise David! 

73 KC0FGX Ferrell
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Ferrell,

Certainly through a laptop is one way,  but if you do not need to have a computer at the radio ,  and just want the radio on your wireless network,   there are "gamer"  wireless nodes that will connect a wired to your wireless type devices or some of the "wireless extenders"   also have the ability to connect a wired to your wireless network ,  Netgear,  and DLink both .    I would highly recommend that you set a reserve network IP address number in your network router for the MAC address of the radio to help maintain consistency.

Dudley
    WA5QPZ
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Asus lower priced Router have AI MESH networking capability that may work for this, I use this quite a bit at work for a city wide MESH network and run my Radio at home in several places driving around town.

You can add directional antenna's if the distance is to far between the ASUS AiMESH routers. 

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/Mesh-WiFi-System-Home/
    Bret

• F M
    F M Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thank You for your help Dudley! 73
  • F M
    F M Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thanks for your help Bret! 73

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.