Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transmit Profiles - Creating

Tom W3FRG
Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
Using the Profile Manager to create new Transmit Profiles, I see that if I exceed a limit of 15 profiles that an arbitrary existing profile disappears in the Transmit Profile list to allow the new file, but not in the Global Profile list.
Is this expected by design?

Answers

• Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    The above question/comment was in error.
    I was not creating Profiles correctly.

The proper way, using SSDR for ease of Exporting / Importing, is to go to PROFILES, then to the PROFILE MANAGER.

Select your MICROPHONE from the long list, or create it using the create and load selections.

Next go to TRANSMIT.
    Only a description is required, such as 60M, Barefoot SSB, Amplifier SSB, Remote SSB, etc.
    Create this new descriptor, clk on it and Load it in.

Before going to GLOBAL, select the mode your going to use, such as Barefoot or 60M.
    Go thru the entire list of options in the "TX, P/CW, PHNE, RX, EQ" Radio Panel setting up the parameters required for that mode type, SSB, CW RTTY, Etc.

Also, pull up the TX BAND SETTINGS Table.

Select the frequency desired using the BAND select and tune to the desired start-up freq for that band/mode.
    Enter the new Profile Name and save it.
    On  the TX BAND SETTINGS Table, select the band and fill in the RF PWR, Tune PWR and check the appropriate block such as RCA TX1 if that thats the one you use to key your Amp.
    If your using Barefoot, leave that unchecked.

Return to the Profile Mgr and clk on GLOBAL.
    Enter a simple name, Barefoot 80m, as an example, in the New Profile Name and save it.

Select and clk on this current profile your creating and select SAVE and LOAD.

For the next profile using the same mode parameters, return to Band and select the band desired.

Repeat the above until you have all the bands for that mode created and move on to your next mode.

Monitor the TX BAND TABLE when you switch between a barefoot and a Linear mode.

You will see the RF PWR and RCA TX1 (if selected) change back and forth.
    You definitely want the RCA TX1 to be unchecked when going to barefoot, don't want the linear keyed.

I have been using this method to create profiles, and for over a week, I have not had a fault show up.

I hope this simplification for creating profiles is helpful.

GL Tom W3FRG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.