Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unable to run SmartSDR in Windows without downgrading the Flex 6400?

K7JV
K7JV Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Well, sadly, the Maestro will be heading back to it's maker as soon as I get the RMA information.  So, I tried to run SmartSDR (Windows using Parallels on my Mac) to try connecting to my 1.5 month old FLEX-6400.  It worked, several weeks ago.  But since then the radio has been upgraded to 3.1.11 (I think).  When I launch SmartSDR it does not give me any option for connecting without downgrading the radio presumably back to 3.1.8.

Do I need to do this, or am I doing something wrong?  With the Maestro "in the box", I'm out of business until I get either SmartSDR working or Dogpark working.  I've not coughed up the money to register Dogpark, yet.

I went to the FLEX website and checked out the downloads and I don't see anything more current than what I have.  Perhaps I have to "unregister" and then "reregister"?  I'm at a loss.

Answers

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    You need to download and install the current version of SmartSDR (3.1.12 is the current version). SmartSDR always makes sure the radio matches its own version and upgrades or downgrades the radio as necessary. Go to this page:
        https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/
    to find SmartSDR v3.1.12.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Hi Jim, When you launch SmartSDR, are you launching from the 3.1.11 icon?  The desktop shortcuts have the version number right on them.  Check to see if you have more than one icon, and if so, pick the 3.1.11 version.  I think this will solve the issue.

Len, KD0RC
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The Maestro, Radio and SmartSDR need to all be on the same version of Software and firmware. 
    Here is the link for the latest version.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/smartsdr-v3-1-12-and-v2-6-2-are-now-available?utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=new_topic&utm_content=topic_link

• K7JV
    K7JV Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thank you, Len.  Turns out it was the 3.1.8 icon.  Now I'm up to date and it actually works. Yay!  Now if I can just get my Maestro back to them and they get it working for me.  All will be good.   Thanks again, Len, and best 73!

JV
  • K7JV
    K7JV Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thank you, Craig.  They snuck in an update.  But I had a problem anyway, as I was set up on 3.1.8 on my Windows SmartSDR.  My radio was on 3.1.11, and the new software wanted 3.1.12, which updated just fine, so now everything is current.  Thank you again, for your help.

And small world.  It was nice meeting you in person at the Yuma hamfest, in February.  Cheers and best 73!

JV
  • K7JV
    K7JV Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Just did get it a while ago, WX7Y, thank you.  All is now good.  The lessons just keep coming.  :-)

Cheers and best 73,

JV
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Glad to hear it! At least you have SmartSDR while you wait for your Maestro.

Len
  • K7JV
    K7JV Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    So true.  It's great to have options.  Yay!  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.