Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400M VFOs A and B

Options
Scott Oakland
Scott Oakland Member ✭✭
I have a Flex 6400M and have had it for about a year or so. I have always used it using VFO A on one frequency at a time, on 20M. What I am looking to do seems quite simple but cannot figure it out. I want to be able to put a 6 Meter frequency on VFO B, while retaining the 20 meter frequency on VFO A. When I attempt to do it it removes the present 20 Meter frequency on VFO A and replaces it with 6 meters. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Scott, I am doing the same thing. If you send me your email address I will send you the information. you will need to purchase a Duplexer. 
    Andy... W3LI        Send to xtraham58@hotmail.com.
  • Scott Oakland
    Scott Oakland Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Okay I emailed you, thanks :)
  • W9EN
    W9EN Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hi Scott. No “duplexer” should be required. Just press the ^ symbol at the bottom of the waterfall to activate VFO B. The press the frequency displayed on the B side and select 6m. I’ve included a picture of my display. 73, John W9EN image
  • W9EN
    W9EN Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    OK, never mind I see the issue now.  It changes the ANT port.
    Sorry for my added confusion.  Yes, an HF/VHF Diplexer will allow you to connect both antennas to ANT1.

John W9EN
  • Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thanks Joun, I have been playing with this for several months trying to find a work around. Did not think that I missed anything. 
    Andy
  • Scott Oakland
    Scott Oakland Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I just tried what you suggested and it appears to work though. I have 6 Meters in a separate slice on a separate antenna which is what I was looking for. Or am I missing something?
  • Scott Oakland
    Scott Oakland Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I just tried it and it won't give me ANT 2 for slice B (6 meters) and ANT 1 for Slice A (HF) at the same time.
  • Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    That is why the duplexer and the MFJ band switch as per the diagram I sent you. Do what ever.
    Andy.
  • Scott Oakland
    Scott Oakland Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    YEs I got your email. I just saw John's comment and was curious. Thanks!
  • Scott Oakland
    Scott Oakland Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I appreciate the comprehensive email and help! Once I get up and running on 6M I will get a duplexer.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.