Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

having some issues after update to 3.1.11:

Brian Denley  KB1VBF
Brian Denley KB1VBF Member ✭✭
Having some issues after update to 3.1.11: SmartCat stays on when I shut down SmartSDR. This has never happened before. In addition, I have to keep reselecting DAX for my microphone. this has also never happened before.  Flex 6400, Win10 latest updates.

Comments

• Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    edited May 2020
    To highlight this:  I cannot transmit when I first start SmartSDR.  I have to select another mic profile then select to one I normally use again for it to work.  I have to repeat this every time I start SmartSDR.
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Hi Brian, as part of the upgrade process, did you power off the Flex and remove power from it?  I think that may resolve the issue.
    73, Len, KD0RC
  • Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    edited May 2020
    I did.  In fact, I did the cold boot right after the update and did it again after seeing the problems.  I will keep working this issue but its the first SmartSDR problem I have ever had and it was right after the update.
  • Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    edited May 2020
    I might try recreating the mic profiles and re-saving them.  If that doesn’t work I will reinstall SmartSDR.   I will report back.  It’s nothing I can’t work around for now.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2020
    Brian, if you had previously exported your profiles before doing the upgrade (which is a best practice), then what I recommend doing is a cold boot and factory reset of the 6400 and then import your profiles.  Here is the cold boot and factory reset procedure.

Perform a Cold Boot and Factory Reset of your radio

• Power off the radio by pressing and releasing the power button. Allow it to completely power down before continuing by waiting for the power LED to turn off (or amber if a GPSDO is installed). If pressing and releasing the power button does not shut down the radio, press and hold the power button until the radio shuts down.
    • Once the radio is powered off, wait for 2 minutes to allow for all processors to properly shut down.
    • Remove the power cable from the radio for at least 30 seconds and then reconnect it.  It is important to remove the power cable from the radio and not just turn off the power supply. 
    • After reconnecting the DC power cable, wait for 2 minutes to allow for the internal PSoC processor to boot up completely before continuing.
    • Press and hold the Power button for approximately 5 seconds until the power button or power LED turns white. Release the power button and allow the radio to continue booting normally.
  • Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    edited May 2020
    Tim:
    Sorry to take so long to get back.  All seems to be OK now.  I had performed the cold boot a couple of time yesterday and again today.  When that didn't work, I did the factory reset you suggested since I HAD backed up my profiles.  THAT seems to have fixed everything.  Thanks for that tip and for taking the time!  

Brian
  • Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    edited May 2020
    Len:
    Tim's suggestion (see below) of a factory reset and re-importing my profiles did the trick.  Thanks for your help.
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Excellent!  I am glad you got it resolved.

Len

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.