Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FT8 Help - Hands On

Robert Gross
Robert Gross Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
The radio has been up and running well for quite a while on the latest Version 2 Flex Radio software.

But, I have been having trouble with getting FT8 to work and be understood - and I could use some hands on help with it.

I can make the radio available to the "helper' and stay on the telephone to learn, or use TeamViewer or other similar software.  I could also upgrade to Flex Radio version 3 software, if that creates a better solution.

FFT8 Help - Hands On Needed

Answers

• Dwayne_AB6A
    Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    i can assist
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Robert - I run the latest 2.x and it works fine. I’m sure you will find a solution without having to move to 3.x. 
  • Mark NS9N
    Mark NS9N Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hi Robert, how are you setting the clock in your PC? When I set up my FT8 it all looked like it should be working and I was decoding but could not make any connections. After looking at everything else I started looking into the time on my PC using the web site Time.Is. I never found a good way to sync the PC so I added a $10 GPS timing module to my PC and have never had an issue again. Worth a look. I am using Ver 2 and has never seen a reason to move to 3. Especially to run FT8.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    I can assist via TeamViewer. My call AT ARRL DOT net Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.