Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using SSDR for Windows on an SDR other than Flexradio

Mark Griffin
Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
This is a very easy question. Or, at least I hope it is.
I was viewing the digital version of QST this morning and I seen the advertisement for Flexradio.
I have had the Expert MB1 SDR for about 2 years.
I have no issues with the computer, rig, or the EESDR2 operating software.
But, can the SSDR for windows software be configured to operate an MB1?
I am sure it's finding the correct com ports and Audio ports to connect to the radio which might be the most challenging.
But just a thought.
I am not trying to promote any issues regarding the differences or similarities between the Flexradio and Expert MB1.
Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    No, SmartSDR is exclusively for the Flex Radio 6000 series radios. This includes SmartSDR for Windows, Maestro, and SmartSDR for IOS.

Dave wo2x
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Answer? NO, but i won't get into all the reasons why,, I will leave that up to smarter people than I...
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I spent a 20 minutes with the MB-1 at Dayton 3 years ago. I asked the MB-1 engineer about operating the MB-1 remote. It just wasn't designed to do that. But RemoteHams can operate a Flex (Roger said, but I never tried), maybe it with interface with a MB-1. Have you had any upgrades? The Flex gets better with time. The Flex is made in the USA and holds its value.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2020
    There are ways to remote almost any rig. I started operating remote with an FT2000 and Rigblaster Nomic. I used two Skype accounts for audio and Ham Radio Deluxe in server/client setup. No the best but it worked. Another option for the MB-1 might be CommCat and CommCat mobile. The author of CommCat has voip client available which works better than Skype. I’ve used CommCat with my Flex before SmartLink was released. There is even a CommCat app for Apple Watch. Still the easiest is using a Flex. Dave wo2x
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

Have you tried the software SDR Console? It has everything that SmartSDR has  plus a lot more, including IQ recording. Also, it can be remoted quite well with a PC but does not support any smart phones.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.