Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Issue with Slice-Master

Bob - WD8KND
Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I'm brand new to Slice-Master, so forgive me if is a dumb question. I loaded 0.10.7, and when I run the program is doesn't give CW as a launch choice. What am I doing wrong? Here's a screenshot.

Thanks,
Bob

Comments

• Dave Garber
    Dave Garber Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I would ask slicemaster author, but I would suggest it has no idea what software you are using. Try loading you cw program and see if it is then recognized
  • Bob - WD8KND
    Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I did load my CW program. I tried it with and without. Thanks for the response.
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    If you've already installed CW Skimmer and have run it at least once (no need to configure it) outside of Slice Master it should show up on the launch menu.  For it to work this way, though, CW Skimmer need to be installed in its default install folder on your C: drive.  
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Do you mean CW Skimmer?  If so, be sure you have turned on the "IQ Stream" for the slice in use.  Slice Master will not start up an app unless all of the conditions are set up correctly on DAX and the Flex Radio Server.  You can watch the scrolling log at the bottom of the page for indications of  app startup progress.

CW Skimmer needs an IQ Stream.

If not CW Skimmer, consult the on-line  SliceeMaster manual to check if your app is supported by SliceMaster.

Alan
    WA9WUD
  • bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Bob It strikes me that you have not indicated what CW software you want to start, if any. As stated above, CW Skimmer is one of a 3 rd party apps SliceMaster will support. To start each 3 rd party app, SliceMaster had to be programmed to set it up by the developer, K1DBO Don. SliceMaster sets up unique virtual COM ports, 3 rd party settings, starts applications and provides a MIX tab that shows and controls the radio by slice. That function works for any mode, CW SSB Digital while running logging program interface. The program simplified a lot of interfacing automatically that it sometimes hard and complex to accomplish manually. Before SliceMaster I had many virtual COM Ports, shortcuts and mass confusion. Sorry for the long response to a simple question but it took me a while to understand all the things that have to be done behind the scenes. 73 Bill W9JJB
  • Bob - WD8KND
    Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Bill,
    I'm using MRP40.
    Thanks,
    Bob

• bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I use MRP40 too but SliceMaster won’t configure it. I have to manually set up ports and settings with its own shortcut. To change slices you just go to MRP40 and change the audio channel. I still use CWS or my radio paddle for sending. 73 Bill W9JJB
  • Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I also use MRP40.  The only 3rd party software that supports it (that I know of, I could be wrong) is DXLab's WinWarbler, and even that requires a "bridge" program. http://www.dxlabsuite.com/MRP_DXLab/index.htm  There have been requests for N1MM+ to add it but nothing so far.
  • Bob - WD8KND
    Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thanks, guys!
    Bob WD8KND

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.