Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transmit frequency off using MRP40 CW program

Options
Bob - WD8KND
Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Is anyone using the CW program MRP40 with a Flex 6000 series? I finally got it working, but it transmits a KC or 2 off the receive frequency. Any ideas of why it is doing this, or solutions would be appreciated.

Answers

• Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    As i said in the other post, use RIT to offset. It works fine.
  • Bob - WD8KND
    Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I tried that, and it didn't work. I'll try again. Thanks.
  • Dave Garber
    Dave Garber Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    check to see if the flex software or the cw program may have 'xit' turned on, or set in a split mode, maybe

• Bob - WD8KND
    Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I figured it out. I set the XIT to -200 for USB, and 200 for LSB. I don't know why that number, but I experimented and it works perfectly. Thanks for the remarks.

• Dave Garber
    Dave Garber Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Why are you not using both USB. Or better why not cw mode
  • Doug Hall
    Doug Hall Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I downloaded MRP40 tonight since there is a trial version. It was easy to configure it to use the Flex Winkeyer emulation. Just select Winkeyer as your mode of CW transmission and put in the COM port of your Winkeyer as defined in the SmartSDR CAT settings. Then you can run the rig in CW mode, and the dial reads correctly and you are transmitting and receiving on the same frequency. The TX speed is set by the Speed slider in SmartSDR.
    Doug K4DSP
  • Bob - WD8KND
    Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Doug, I'm not familiar with that, but I'll look into it.

Thanks,
    Bob

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.