Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Win 10 Update breaks WSTJ-X again

Options
Logan KE7AZ
Logan KE7AZ Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I hope everyone is enjoying the band opening on 10m and 6m that has been going on since Wednesday, 4/15.  The other thing that happened on Wednesday is that Win 10 did a big update.  And guess what - WSTJ-X would work fine for about 30 minutes then stop decoding.  I went thru the usual routine and a full shutdown of the PC was needed to get everything going again. Today, I uninstalled KB4549951 (the latest system update) and the problem appears to have gone away.  Maybe this will help someone else.

To the folks at Flex - these continuing issues (from my perspective) with DAX losing "contact" with third party apps needs to be fixed sooner rather than later.  Since my downgrade from Win 7 to Win 10, 6 months ago, DAX issues and portcls.sys crashes are far too frequent and I am losing trust in the reliability of my otherwise great radio.

It is a shame the the "gang in Redmond" can impact such a great product. Everyone who had anything to do with the Win 10 driver code should be summarily fired.  The ongoing issues with device drivers shows that they are clearly incompetent. 

To the folks at WSJT-X and other DAX related apps - please add some error messages.  It is very frustrating to be working on breaking a pileup and have an app suddenly stop functioning without any notice of why it didn't decode the data.  Everything appears normal on the screen, just like it did in the previous cycle, but no decode is performed.  It would really help to know when something goes wrong and to have some indication as to what might have happened.

I really hope  that a permanent solution can be found for these DAX issues so I can continue to enjoy my Flex radio.

Logan, KE7AZ

Comments

• Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Amazing, this is why many of us are still using Ver 2,4,9.etc.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I use Dogpark with XDax and Xcat and MacLogger DX on a MacMini and Mac Book Pro it just keeps running. No updates break it. I was getting a lot of DAX issues and the portcls.sys errors too. It amazes me how long it takes Flex to fix a bug. . . . I think they're all working on the Raytheon project and we've fallen to the wayside.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.