Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

keying external sequencer

AH0U
AH0U Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Using 6700 with WSJT for EME and want to use an external sequencer  I want the sequencer to key the radio, not the other way around.  I set up a PTT com port in CAT and set WSJT fo CAT and the PTT to RTS and that PTT com port.  using the log I can see that port keying on and off when I use the test function in WSJT... If I use WSJT it keys the port by itself and does not wait for the PTT function....Has anyone hooked up a Flex and an external sequencer with he sequencer keying the rig when its time??

Answers

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    There is a PTT input jack on the back panel of the 6700. Why not use that?
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020

Easy, WSJT needs to run to decode and if you use the PTT on the back, the rig will just sit there as there is no signal from WSJT..... and when you select a station to call in say JT65, WSJT starts sending and it keys the rig no matter what.....
  • Steve Sterling
    Steve Sterling Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    No extra keying PTT line is needed or fiddling with RTS if you are using CAT.  WSJT will send CAT commands for going into transmit and back to receive. Its just software settings, no wires.
  • > @"Steve Sterling" said:
    > No extra keying PTT line is needed or fiddling with RTS if you are using CAT.  WSJT will send CAT commands for going into transmit and back to receive. Its just software settings, no wires.

Guys, is it still neccesary to set a TX delay under "advanced settings" in WSJT?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.