Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

what can i do to keep safe 2nd receiver when transmitting?

Options
IU4IVR
IU4IVR Member
Good morning community,
Rig Flex 5000a with 2nd receiver.
I was wondering how to keep safe 2nd receiver when you have 2 antennas on your roof top working same band, one antenna on 1st receiver, the other one on 2nd receiver.
Use case:
Working with diversity reception, and transmitting from one antenna in this configuration.

I'll get the radio in a few days and i'm trying to figure out how to work properly with multiple antennas.
Thanks in advance.
Matteo.

Answers

• Phil N3ZP
    Phil N3ZP Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I have a separate antenna for my 6400 and an SDRPlat RSP-1a and use an Array Solutions AS-RXFEP. It sells for $69. DX Engineering also sells a similar unit.  

Phil N3ZP
  • W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I was about to ask a similar question. I have a DX Engineering DXE-RG-5000 receiver guard. Is that the DX engineering unit you were referring to?

73 Paul w2eck
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Array solutions has a great product that I have used for several years
    https://www.arraysolutions.com/as-rxfep
    These are great for protecting your receivers
    Bret
    WX7Y
  • Phil N3ZP
    Phil N3ZP Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    The DXE-RG-5000 is for the same purpose. They both also have static protection.  

Phil N3ZP
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
  • IU4IVR
    IU4IVR Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Thanks y'all
    Honestly i was expecting an internal mechanism disabling one receiver when the other is in tx.
    Looking at all the answers it seems very important to have the receivers working at different bands when you want to transmit! is it correct? is it mandatory?
  • IU4IVR
    IU4IVR Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I got the documents from KB4DU, i have to read it carefully, btw is reffering to flex 6000 series.
  • IU4IVR
    IU4IVR Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    ok sounds rather obvious..dual antennas..receivers have to be guarded by hw or by appropriate band gap.
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    True, doc is 6000 specific, but I was hoping the calculations would show where you are and suggest a way forward. We used it at field day last year.
  • N0DFF  Steve
    N0DFF Steve Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
      Hello All,  The Flex 5000 with the later 34x RFIO board has a setting in "Settings, General, RX2" called "Disconnect RX2 RF input on TX". It opens a relay during TX. Been running 2 antennas (for diversity) and legal limit this way for years with no problem. Not sure if the 6xxx series supports this. Great radio...
  • IU4IVR
    IU4IVR Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Exactly what i was looking for!
    Thank you Steve.
    Have a nice Day.
    IU4IVR. Matteo

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.