Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M No transmit power

Alan Shafer
Alan Shafer Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Turned the radio on to QSO on CW this morning and I can't get any transmit power out. It won't tune to either antenna, one which is resonant . Won't even tune up to a dummy load. Zero output on all bands. I did the reset and have the same problem. Receive is fine.

Comments

• Alan Shafer
    Alan Shafer Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thanks for your reply David. Touching the A or B didn't make it transmit power. It is keying and going into the transmit mode, just zero power out.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    If you can't get it, do a reset, if that does not work then do a factory reset,,,save your profile for that one.
  • Alan Shafer
    Alan Shafer Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I held in the power on button until it turned white. That didn't fix the problem. What is the other method?
  • Alan Shafer
    Alan Shafer Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I am going to try going back to v3.1.7 and see if that works.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Ok, it sounds like you did a factory rest.
  • Alan Shafer
    Alan Shafer Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    That didn't make any difference. Still no transmit power.
  • Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Is your radio in CW or Digital mode?

How about Settings > TX Band Settings?  
    Are the RF PWR levels set to more than Zero?
  • Alan Shafer
    Alan Shafer Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Yes, I went through all the bands going directly to a dummy load, clicking TUNE and sliding the power level all the way to 100, nothing out.  Returned it back to default 10 each time before going to test the next band.
  • Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    To expand on NE1B's comment, *closely* check your radio settings under Settings in SSDR.  My TX Band Settings suddenly changed a few days ago for an unknown reason.
  • Alan Shafer
    Alan Shafer Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I checked them all on the front of the radio just now and set all transmit to 100 and tune 10.  Tried the TUNE button and no power out showing.  I will go back to the SmartSDR and see what those are but I think it will be the same result unfortunately.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    you have this problem for 3 day without any fix? Did you start a help desk a couple days ago..you should have.
  • Alan Shafer
    Alan Shafer Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Yes.  It will go see the doctors at the Flex Radio hospital.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.