Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Adapting microphones for use with Maestro B

Burt Krain
Burt Krain Member
edited April 2020 in Maestro
I am interested in adapting my Yaesu MD-200A8X microphone for use with the Maestro Model B.  It doesn't appear to connect using the telephone-like jack.  How do I adapt this microphone for use with the Maestro Model B?

Answers

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    MIC Pin Out of Maestro you will found in User Manual! 
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Hi Burt,

Do you have the 8 pin modular jack on the mic?  It should work just by plugging into the rear panel modular jack and selecting the proper mic input in the Maestro MENU.

• Jeff ODowd
    Jeff ODowd Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Had similar problem with 6700/Maestro and a Yaesu M100 which are the same pinouts. The trouble was that 6700/Maestro does not provide sufficient power for the microphone. Solution was a Yaesu power adapter for that microphone. This solved the issue and worked perfectly I’m aware that other microphones also require more power.
  • Matthias Leder
    edited March 2020
    Hi Jeff
    I have got the same problem with the non power situation by the maestro.
    Question: Which type of power adapter have you bought? Can you say me a type of adapter? Please give me a answer to hb9eho@gmx.ch . ok?
    Best 73 de HB9EHO
    Matthias
  • Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    Brian Denley KB1VBF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    The Yaesu MD800 a8x has a cable that can be plugged into the mic from either end.  Plug the 8 pin end into the mic and the RJ45 end into the Maestro.  Works like a charm.   I use it all the time.

no bias!
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    My MD-200A8X has the Foster 8-pin plug at the end and the modular plug going into the microphone base. I have a MH-31 hand mic that sounds just awful on the Maestro, and the curly cord has the modular connector at both ends so I removed it from the hand mic and plugged it into the Flex 1500 works great. Will test is on the Maestro later but I'm sure it will work and get better audio reports than the hand mic.
    When one of our cats was a kitten I left the hand microphone for my Icom 7000 where I shouldn't have and the kitten chewed away at the cable breaking it. I replaced it with a short CAT5 cable, not a curly cord but worked fine.

• Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    Brian Denley KB1VBF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Sure but you can reverse the MD200 cable and plug it right into the Maestro.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Yep, you're absolutely right Brian.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.