Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can one have multiple panadapters across multiple monitors

Options
Jeremy - W2JG
Jeremy - W2JG Member
edited August 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Is it possible to display multiple panadapters across multiple computer monitors?   In this way, one could display slices A-D on the first panadapter on the first computer monitor then have slices E-H on the second panadapter on the second computer monitor.  If this is possible, how does one do it?

If this is not possible, do people agree this would be a useful feature?

Thank you for your input and assistance!

Jeremy
W2JG

Answers

• WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    What version are you running?  You can pop a slice out, move, and resize it anywhere you want in the newer versions. I forget which version that started in.   There's a third little box next to the close and minimize boxes in the upper right hand slice corner.
    Bob, WK2Y
  • Jeremy - W2JG
    Jeremy - W2JG Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I am running the latest version 3 revision.  I did not see this in the documentation., nor the community forum.   I wanted to know before spending the money for additional monitors.

Thank You for your help Bob!
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    You can have to many monitors.  :-)
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options

Flex 6600M version 2.5.1.  Note that one panadapter will always remain in the main window.  You can also pop out the radio control panel and move it around.  I have three monitors and use this feature.
  • Jeremy - W2JG
    Jeremy - W2JG Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Thanks for the picture Joe!
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Arghh.  That should have been, "You can't have too many monitors!!" ( I have 3 and would like 4.)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.