Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How can I listen to the audio from the other user in a multiflex setup?

Options
Tom Worthington
Tom Worthington Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
A friend had a visit from the antenna police and is now unable to operate from his qth.  I shared my Flex 6600M (3.1.8) credentials with him and he is able to connect and transmit.  We were both participating in a local net this afternoon, me from my 6600M and he a few miles away on SmartSDR,  but I was unable to figure out how to listen to what he was saying during his transmission.  I could see the signal on the screen but couldn't figure out a way to listen to the audio.  Otherwise it all worked great.  There must be a way...
Thanks in advance.
73 and Aloha, Tom, NH6Y

Answers

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I have a Maestro and a desktop SDR, each operating independently using multiplex.

I have used Full Duplex, FDX, to use one client listening to the same frequency to set up the audio on the second client in TX.

That should work for you and your friend too.

Alan
    WA9WUD
  • Steve Sterling
    Steve Sterling Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I have been successful using both a laptop and Maestro remote. Not in Full Duplex (FDX) I don't think, but just turning on the monitor function.
  • Jeff Schwartz
    Jeff Schwartz Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Until Flex resolves this issue, which they are aware of and reportedly working on, the only way I have been able to accomplish being able to monitor my QSO partner is to sign into your 6600M via SDR from your PC. That will require a mic to be hooked up to your PC.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.