Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Hamvention is Cancelled ... Stay safe.

bobby
bobby Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in Amateur Radio Interests
Hamvention is Cancelled this year

Comments

• Joe - KC2TN
    Joe - KC2TN Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Great! Maybe we won’t have to wait til May to find out what Flex has been working on!
  • Brian Hemmis
    Brian Hemmis Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Lucrative government/military contracts.
  • David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Agree,   They give NO indication that we (hams) are important to them lately. .......Just my impression...

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    That's not my impression, Flex staff are here all the time answering our questions. Showing us they care about their customer base.
  • Joe - KC2TN
    Joe - KC2TN Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    For some reason the second part of my comment got deleted. I was not trying to create a firestorm here but rather, given the adverse conditions we’re in, I thought it might be an opportunity to cheer up the community with information that might have been delivered at Dayton. )-:
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Joe, I think Flex will do things differently now because of what is going on. And that could be a good thing. They will likely show and tell on line. This could be good for those that were not able to make it to the Hamvention but will now be in the loop. All I can say is, stay tuned right here.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I hope ON/OFF switch is added to AutoSave in SmartSDR.
    That would be AWESOME! 
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I don't think that we will see an ON OFF switch added. I don't believe that would solve our problems. What I expect is an option to save or not anytime a setting changes.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Even before Gerald's recent post I had no doubt FRS would be doing their best to both deal with this national pandemic, while continuing to provide their normal great support to their customer base.

I'm looking forward to seeing what FRS has been working on.  Hopefully we will find out in the May time frame.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020

I like many others think the way profiles worked up to version 2.49 was the best way allowing the user to decide when to save his/her changes to a profile.

AutoSave is more confusing because you don't always realize what settings have been changed/saved witch for some can cause damage to amplifiers and other equipment.
  • Brian Hemmis
    Brian Hemmis Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Fix the wonky ATU software glitch and they will have a bunch of happier campers. Hoping it's resolved in the next update. I love the radio, the company, the overall support, even my T-shirt. I just want my ATU working like it was a couple software versions ago.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Brian, If the ATU is a big big deal for you, perhaps you should roll back to the version it last worked well? I am not even sure Flex has acknowledged there is a problem, or if they have been able to re create the problem in the shop.
  • Brian Hemmis
    Brian Hemmis Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Bill, Apparently you have not been following my posts. I'm in Naples, FL for the winter. My 6500 is back in Ohio. It's not possible to downgrade the software remotely or I would have done it 3 months ago. When I'm in OH it's not an issue as I run the 6500 into an Expert amp and a Palstar auto tuner. I tell people when I'm in FL I run the VW Beetle of remotes-barefoot, dipole & vertical and no computer. I do depend on the tuner and miss the consistency and performance of it running the older software. Hopefully a fix is forthcoming. Flex knows of the problem, Bill. Tim Ellison recently corrected another ham who had spoken down to me for not downgrading remotely. Tim reassured me it couldn't be done until I'm back up there. That said I've heard some of the downgrades have been problematic and will hope for a fix before next year and as I mentioned I don't use the internal ATU when I'm up there. Thanks for your comment & suggestion.

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    @Brian Of course you can downgrade and upgrade software remotely on ur 6500. I have been do it remotely as part of the Aloha team for years from France to the USA. It’s actually quite easy. All u need is a Remote Desktop program on the local. PC controlling the 6500
  • Brian Hemmis
    Brian Hemmis Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    NO COMPUTER on the Ohio end of things, Howard. Just the 6500 antennas and power supply. Everything else is disconnected. Control the 6500 from FL with the following-Maestro, Surface Pro, iPad, iPhone. Repeat there is no computer on the OH end.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.