Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Winlink with Flex 6300

Santiago Mejia HI8O
Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Third-Party Software
Here in the DR a group of hams along with our amateur radio club are preparing to conifigure WInlink in case of emergency, specially during hurricane season. Ive configured it supposedly fine but cannot connect using Winmor Radio. 

Below are the screenshots on my configurations. Am I missing something?

Santiago
imageimageimageimageimageimage

Answers

• Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I found Winlink/Winmor with my Flex 6600 is a hit or miss. The latency seems to be an overiding factor. It is also the same with a Pactor modem not reliable connection.
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited March 2020
    That's a bummer. I will give it a try tomorrow with my 7300 and see how it goes. I really would prefer running it with my Flex.
  • N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Try setting your PTT port. You have to edit it. Then a P will be present instead of C indicating
    it is the PTT port.

Screenshot attached

• Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited March 2020
    Thanks, this helped and now I’m transmitting (after changing the port to PTT). Still not connecting, but probably is more because of the signal. Will keep trying tomorrow.
  • tod_WE5TR
    tod_WE5TR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    let me know if you are still having issues. I am home from work this weekend and can send you more screenshots if needed. WE5TR

• Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited March 2020
    Thanks Tod. Apparently everything is working fine. I managed to send emails with Winlink Telnet, Winmore and just need to test Winmore Radio Only but I got a message that I needed to create some mailbox with one of the connections to send/receive with Radio Only.
    If you can guide me with this part I’ll appreciate it.
    Santiago
  • tod_WE5TR
    tod_WE5TR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I assume for this you are needing: https://winlink.org/user
    free account and if memory serves correct you need to use it regularly to keep it.
    My local club has a "net" via winlink every Wednesday which is a good way to keep in practice. Anyone from anywhere can check in so join us. 
    https://sites.google.com/view/winlink-wednesday-ntx/home
    KF5VO is Net Control
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited March 2020
    Thanks for the net info, will make my best to check in sometime. The message is about a Message Pickup Station.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.