Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Question on RX Calibration Antenna Selection and Persistence?

Mike Krzystyniak
Mike Krzystyniak Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Over the years I have used RX calibration periodically.  My only antenna is on Ant2.  Here recently RX Cal stopped working (making a measurement).  A quick assessment shows RX Cal now switches to Ant1 to make the measurement and with no antenna on Ant1 the Cal error value comes back with zero ppm.  I don't recall it working like this before.  Changing it to Ant 2 mid stream it measures the PPM error similar to before, but now it will not remember to use/stay on Ant2 the next time.  No persistence.  I'm on SSDR 2.6.1 here.

Which way should this work? I thought it should measure from the selected RX antenna.

Thank you  73  Mike K9MK

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2020
    The RX calibration is only done on ANT-1 and this cannot be changed.  You should not switch antennas in the middle of the calibration as it will generate invalid samples during the antenna switch. If you need to run the calibration, you will need to connect an antenna to ANT-1 that is capable of receiving WWV signals.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.