Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CWX Messages

Roger G3LDI
Roger G3LDI Member ✭✭
Is there any way of PERMANENTLY deleting the CWX messages in global profiles, other than deleting all the global profiles and starting afresh? I have asked this before, but didn't get a definitive answer that worked!  Using Flex 6600 version 2.6.1

Answers

• AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited December 2019
    I just highlight them and then hit delete. on the keyboard... and they go away for ever
  • Roger G3LDI
    Roger G3LDI Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Well, it sounds simple! I have tried this dozens of times, but they do NOT stay deleted at all. I have been through ALL my Global profiles and deleted ALL the CWX messages, and whilst it appears to "delete", by the time I finish going through them all and check from the beginning again, there they are, staring me in the face!. I have tried deleting and rebooting SDR too, to no avail!  Suffering this in a contest is difficult, because hitting F1 to call CQ can sometimes cause it to revert to the call in the CWX messages, which I don't want. Hopefully this can be fixed at the same time as fixing the power drop to zero when  on CW, intermittent but frequent and very annoying!
       I explained this problem to a local friend who also said it was easy to delete the CWX messages and he then  found exactly the same problem!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2020
    Did you save your global profile after making the changes?  If not, the changes will not be permanent.
  • Roger G3LDI
    Roger G3LDI Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Tim,,  many thanks.  You are absolutely correct, I didn't!!  I shall try again and report back, with the egg still on my face. I didn't think to do that at all.
  • Roger G3LDI
    Roger G3LDI Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Worth a try, but no, they still return!
  • N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hi Roger,

Delete one, for a test, using backspace. Then when it is cleared, hit the space-
    bar once. It should stay cleared. I, even, after hitting the space bar once hit
    backspace once more and it stayed clear. I checked by closing SmartSDR and
    restarting. I suppose it views it like it is being overwritten. I even restarted the
    computer to verify, but did not restart the radio, itself. The CW memory stayed
    clear after re-starting.

73, Jim N9VC

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2020
    I was getting ready to respond the same.  You have to backspace out the text and then hit <TAB> or <RETURN> to save the new, null value.
  • Roger G3LDI
    Roger G3LDI Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hi Tim.

Well,I have just edited ALL the Fkeys in each profile. I got to the bottom of the list, checked at the top again and they were back!!! The memories cleared, but on returning to the top one again, they were back. Looks like I shall have to delete them all and start over again  creating new ones.
  • Roger G3LDI
    Roger G3LDI Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hi Tim.  Your routine does work, but you must save each individual profile. I didn't realise that. Perhaps it might be good to put instructions in the manual for information  to new owners! Thank goodness I now know how to do it properly!
      Hopefully the power drop off will be fixed soon too, that is really annoying!
    Many thanks for your help.
    73 de Roger, G3LDI
  • Roger G3LDI
    Roger G3LDI Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    well, here I am again!! During the CWT this evening ALL the CWX messages returned.    AAARRRGGGHHH!
  • N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    By chance, did you load an older profile that contained what you wanted for
    the CWT. If that profile contained the CWX messages, that is maybe what
    happened.
  • Roger G3LDI
    Roger G3LDI Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I'm pretty sure I went through ALL the profiles and dealt with them all. I am just about to start again however!!  Thanks for the suggestion, it could be I overlooked one I guess. I do have some time to spare (!) now so will try to get this fixed once and for all.
  • Roger G3LDI
    Roger G3LDI Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I must have missed one. I went through all the profiles and checked each one. So far I have no CWX messages showing!!  73 de Roger, G3LDI

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.